Tuesday 20 September 2016

Creative Expressions Tuesday



Some Inspirations for Wedding Stationery.

I have been making Save the Date cards recently for my daughters upcoming wedding . Of course I will soon be making the invitations and any other necessary stationary  ! This is  a lovely thing to do for any Wedding because the invitations will be completely individual  and personal.
So I thought I would give you an idea and hope to inspire you to make something different for a special event .
To create these cards I used the following items from Creative Expressions :-
Creative Expressions dies by Sue Wilson , Gemini Dies , Pavo.
Creative Expressions Stamps , Singles , Wedding Collection .
Just Rite Stamps ,Floral Flourishes Background Stamp and Ornate Corners .
Foundation Pearl Card. , Antique Gold and Icicle .
Embossing Powders , Gold and Black .

I started by die cutting the White card . This die is slightly narrower than the width of A4 card so the card will have to be trimmed .



Next I stamped and embossed with gold powder onto more white card  . I repeated the pattern to cover enough card to go under the die cut  .  This was adhered under the die cut piece and trimmed to size . I used a corner cutter to round the edges .



I stamped and embossed a second , smaller piece of card and trimmed it to size before mounting onto gold card .


I then stamped and embossed corners from the Ornate Corners stamp set and again mounted this onto gold card .



Finally I stamped and embossed in black the words and mounted this onto black card to make it stand out . All these pieces were attached to the card as shown and some flat backed pearls were added . Once finished an insert with any relevant information can be made and added to the card .


Here I have made a Save the date card in a similar way . The card is narrower and shorter than the main invitation . The die cut piece has been trimmed to fit but still looks lovely and this ensures that the different cards wil all match with each other 
Clearl the base of the card is the same as the main card . However I have used slightly different colours to make this card to show a variation that is possible 


I have used gold card to stamp on and black embossing powder . As the Save the Date card is smaller I have kept it simpler in this variation . 


Other variations could involve using gold card under the die cut white card and not stamping on it . Or why not use completely different colours ?
Anyway that's all for now , I'll be back soon . I hope this has given you some ideas .
If you want to see what other members of the Creative Expressions DT are doing please go to 

No comments:

Post a Comment