Wednesday 11 April 2018

Creative Expressions

Two tags .

I've made a couple of tags today , lots of Embossing powders and a little sparkle !



First a picture of the finished tags .

And this is how I made them . I cut two tags from mount board and sprinkled them with the new Shimmer Shakers before spritzing with water .

Next I stamped , rather randomly with Watering Can Archival ink, the Vintage Music stamp .

I then stamped the words from the Vintage Inspiation stamp set onto mount board and to colour the background I mixed a little of the Shimmer powder with water to make a wash .


These bits are made from corrugated card with bits of the top layer removed . I painted them with Sea Turtle paint and dried it thoroughly. I then added Perfect Medium randomly and added gold Embossing Powder, and after that was melted I repeated with Regal Arctic Aurora powder . I thought the paint was too bright , so I rubbed a bit of Chocolate Bronze Gilding Polish over the paint to tone it down . On the left is just the paint and on the right is where I've added the gilding polish.


To create these pieces I used mount board again and triple embossed with gold powder. I then added more powders randomly and melted them into the gold . I had to repeat this to allow the colours to mix . While still hot I stamped into the melted powder with the Butterfly Background stamp and allowed it to cool before removing the stamp .


You can see the mixed colours and dimensional effect here .


 The keys and lock , and also the circles are from two sets of POP EMS which have been embossed with gold powder.

I finished the tags by sticking everything together as shown and adding a little lace and ribbon  from my stash .       I hope that you have enjoyed seeing how I created the tags .

Here are some of the Creative Expressions products I used to make the tags :--- 
Stamps -- Woodware Clear Singles , Vintage Inspiration.
Sentimentality Yours , Vintage Music.
Creative Expressions Background Stamp , Butterfly Background.
Cosmic Shimmer, Shimmer Shakers , Heather Meadow, Cornflower Blue , Denim Dash and Dusty Mink .
Cosmic Shimmer Detail Embossing Powder,  Bright Gold ,
Cosmic Shimmer Blaze Embossing Powder, Aqua Blush Blaze.
Cosmic Shimmer Aurora Embossing Powder, Regal Arctic Aurora.
Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Polish , Chocolate Bronze.
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Mixed Media Paint, Sea Turtle .
POP EMS , Luna Circles and Lock and Key .

If you would like to see what other members of the DTare doing go to Creative Expressions

No comments:

Post a Comment