Wednesday 18 July 2018

Creative Expressions


Hello there and many apologies for the long gap . Unfortunately there has been a lot of illness within my family which has interfered with my work . Anyway things are slowly getting back to normal and I will be back with more goodies ! 
Today I am sharing three cards I made using my new stamps from Creative Expressions and lots of colours from the new Shimmer Shakers range . 


So , I had a little fun shaking all sorts of different colours onto card and spritzing with water to get the colours to spread and mix . The colours are lovely with lots of shimmer! Here's a collection of the  coloured card  I made !



I then used the card in different ways to create some cards . The background of this card was made from strips of coloured card  stamped randomly with flowers . The butterflies were stamped on scraps of the same card  so they were already coloured !
The important thing I found out about these powders is that they can be used as paints . Put a little of your chosen colour on a palette and add a little water and you have a shimmery watercolour. This means the painted flowers are in colours that go with the background.


On the background for this card I only used a little of the powders to create a soft colour . Then I stamped the design. I used Dusty Mink to paint the flowers and to keep the colour scheme simple .
Although it doesn't show well in the photo the painted areas really shimmer.



I did something different for this card , I stamped the design across two pieces of card so that I could have a raised area . I then stamped the same deign several times onto card that I had coloured all over with the Shimmer Shakers. I cut out the flowers so that I could create a dimensional effect on a simple black and white background .

Creative Expressions products used include :- 
Lots of different Shimmer Shakers.
Creative Expressions Clear Stamp Set-- Anemone, Hypericum and Mixed Posy .

I've used lots of different colours here just to show the wide range available and I hope I have inspired you to try them out .
If you want to see what other members of the Creative Expressions DT are doing please go to
Creative Expressions

No comments:

Post a Comment