Tuesday 9 February 2016

Creative Expressions Tuesday

Creative Expressions Tuesday Post .

Pretty Heart

 Hi there , here I am for my regular Tuesday post . This week has found me lying on the sofa , moaning , suffering from some nasty bug , so sadly I have not been able to post anything else . I hope to do a bit of catching up over the next few days!
I decided to create a pretty heart , very romantic and feminine, in view of the upcoming date !
I started by cutting a large heart out of heavy cardboard , which l painted on both sides with Cosmic Shimmer White Gesso . Once this was dry I attached decoupage paper to both sides .
Using a Just Rite die I cut out seven fan shapes . I thought it would be easier to stamp the design first and then cut the shapes out , but in fact it was easier to cut then stamp . I then stamped and embossed the design onto the die cut pieces, using Cosmic Shimmer Gold embossing powder. ( Just Rite Vintage Fan Die and Just Rite Vintage Fan and Sentiments Stamp set ) .


I used Cosmic Shimmer Color Cloud ink , Pretty in Pink, to lightly clour around the edges of each piece . I then used some of the flourish stamps from the same set to stamp around the edges of the heart , embossing in gold again .


I stuck lace across the heart , the White lace is Guipure lace and there are similar laces on the Creative Expressions website .




To complete the heart I attached the fan pieces to the heart as shown . I used a dimensional glue to create some height and also to be able to attach the pieces over the lace. I wanted some flowers to 
tone in with the colour scheme . I found some hessian flowers in my stash , but of course the colour was wrong . So I painted them with Irridescent mica powder mixed with Matt medium .  I added 
these to the heart along with some small paper flowers and finally added flat backed pearls to the fan .

I admit that this is very romantic but I am unrepentant! It is , after all almost 14th February. Back next week .
Here is a list of Creative Expressions items used : 
Just Rite Vintage Fan Dies .
Just Rite Vintage Fan and Sentiments Stamp Set .
Color Cloud Blending Ink - Pretty in Pink.
Cosmic Shimmer White Gesso.
Cosmic Shimmer Gold Detail Embossing powder.
Cosmic Shimmer Irridescent Mica powder .
Craft Consortium Decoupage Paper-- Antique Rose .
Guipure lace and flat backed Pearls.

If you would like to see what other members of the Creative Expressions DT team are doing please click here creative expressions craft.blogspot.co.ukcreativeexpressionscraft .blogspot.co.uk

1 comment: