Tuesday 2 February 2016

Simply Violet


Hello again , I'm back with another Creative Expressions post . Today's card is called Simply Violet because I feel it is a simple card and I have used John Lockwood 's set of Violet stamps .
What do you do if you want a Violet background and don't have a Violet Colour Cloud ink ? Well I used Ocean Blue and Decadent Grape ! I used a piece of coconut card and blended both the inks over the card . I found that I needed to add plenty of ink to get it to blend well but the end result was a lovely colour . 

I then cut out three pieces of card to create the panels on the card . The top panel was stamped from the Violet Elements stamp set . The quote was embossed with Cosmic Shimmer silver embossing powder  . The long back panel was stamped from the same stamp set as shown . The violets on both panels were painted with Cosmic Shimmer Irridescent Mica Pigments .
The middle panel is more pastel because I blended Cosmic Shimmer White Gesso over the dry ink . By doing this the colours tone together but are more interesting than just using the same depth of colour for each panel .




The front panel was mounted onto coconut white card and then all the panels were mounted on black card . The panels were mounted on the card as shown . I added Guipure lace ( find similar on the Creative Expressions website ) and a vintage black button  . The purple pearls are actually cream pearls coloured with alcohol pen ink .
So that how I made this card which would be a nice quick make if you need a card fast ! See you next week , bye for now .

Creative Expressions items used include Violet Elements Stamp Set designed by John Lockwood .
Colour Cloud Blending Inks , Ocean Blue and Decadent Grape .
Cosmic Shimmer Irridescent Mica Pigments and White Gesso .
Various embellishments including pearls , vintage black button and Guipure lace .
Coconut white and black card .

If you would like to see what the other DT members are up to please click here -
creativeexpressionscraft.blogspot.co.uk








1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blending of colours, I'm most impressed. The card ain't half bad either.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete