Tuesday 26 January 2016

Creative Expressions Tuesday

Rose Box.

For the last week in January I have made a very romantic set of a box and tag because there is a certain date coming up in February which will be here far too soon ! I have used John Lockwood 's stamp set again to show how versatile these stamps can be .
Both the box and the tag were painted with a coat of cosmic shimmer white gesso, both to seal the wood and to make a white base to stick the decoupage paper to . When the paint was dry I covered both the box and the tag with Craft Consortium decoupage paper by painting the surface with cosmic shimmer Matt glue, seal and glaze and smoothing the paper over the surface . I used more of the glue to paint over the top of the paper and seal it . I rubbed Colour Cloud , Pretty in Pink , around all the edges of both pieces .

Using the A5 stamp set , Create a Swirl , I stamped using perfect medium and embossed using silver powder , swirls randomly over the surfaces . I then stuck some Guipure lace diagonally across both the box and tag .
I rubbed the same colour cloud ink over some coconut white card and then stamped the roses and leaved onto the card . By applying the ink first the roses are already coloured to tone with the background . I also painted the roses using iridescent mica powders before cutting them out . The frame was stamped onto the same card and painted with the mica powders .


Finally I shaped the flowers and leaves and attached them to the box and tag using dimensional glue so that the was some shape to the roses .
I used the following products to create these projects : -
John Lockwood Stamps Rosebud Elements , Craete aSwirl A5 stamp sheet  , Craft Consortium Decoupage Paper - Antique Rose , Colour Cloud Ink - Pretty in Pink , Cosmic Shimmer white Gesso , Cosmic Shimmer silver embossing powder , Cosmic Shimmer Matt Glue , seal and glaze , cosmic Shimmer Irridescent Mica Powders and Guipure Lace .
I'll be back next week with another project . Bye for now l

Please click here to see what the other members of the Creative Expressions Design Team have been creating: blog.creative-expressions.uk.com

3 comments:

  1. Lovely tag, Elizabeth - those roses are just yummy.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty ,, Annie ,,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty ,, Annie ,,xx

    ReplyDelete