Tuesday 5 January 2016

Creative Expressions Tuesday

Painting with Gilding Wax.
Good Morning everyone ! Today is my first post for the Creative Expressions Design Team .
I am delighted and very excited to be working for this wonderful company and am looking forward to  using some of their products to create some interesting pieces .I Hope that you will enjoy finding out about my ideas .
Today I will share with you a card that I made using only gilding waxes as colouring agents . I have used filing waxes in the normal way to colour the edges of the base card by rubbing Cast Bronze around the edges . I then used several waxes in a random fashion over embossed black card . I also rubbed Cast Bronze wax over a piece of card that I stamped a frame and quote onto . So far , quite normal . However I then decided to use the waxes as paints so that the colours all coordinated .
Again I rubbed Cast Bronze wax onto card to create the background for the roses and then stamped roses and leaves onto the card (I found that archival ink works best over waxes ) . To make the wax into paint mix a small amount with alcohol ink blending solution  . This mix can then be painted onto the stamped images in the normal way ( I keep special brushes for this , even if the wax has dried it can be softened and removed with the blending solution .)
I even used the wax paint to colour the lace  .
Once the wax paint has dried the whole card can be assembled as shown .

I used the following items from Creative Expressions to create this card ; Stamp set by John Lockwood  - Rosebud Elements .Embossing Folder - Fine Finials . Gilding Waxes - Cast Bronze , Deep Red , Pewter , Vintage Golden Green and Enchanted Gold . Crochet ribbon and Vintage Black Button .

I'll be posting regularly for Creative Expressions so I'll be back again next Tuesday .
Please click here to see what the other members of the Creative Expressions Design Team have been creating: blog.creative-expressions.uk.com

7 comments:

  1. A very clever idea Liz and very helpful information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such Lovely and effective use of the gilding waxes for a fabulous make. Well done Teamie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background effect Liz, look forward to working along side you as a CE DT

    Big Hugs

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card and your innovative use of the wax.
    Looking forward to seeing what else you bring us.
    Wishing good things to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, congratulations on your first post fro Creative Expressions.
    I have a few gilding waxes and it is always interesting to see different techniques. I also enjoy using them.
    hugs
    sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had a look at the rest of your blog from last year and your work is wonderful. Please keep sharing

    ReplyDelete