Tuesday 15 March 2016

Creative Expressions Tuesday


Just Because .

Good Morning , here's my regular Tuesday post for Creative Expressions . Today's card involves making a stamped background paper and some die cut flowers.

To create the background paper I used a sheet of Graceful Butterflies and Dragonflies paper by Phil Martin which I masked with low tack masking tape . I then rubbed Frosty Mink blending ink onto the unmasked areas . The masking tape can then be removed .



Using stamps from the Floral Fan Elements stamp set I stamped the flowers using mushroom pigment ink as shown and then painted them with Irridescent watercolour paints . I used part of this paper to cover the card .



I cut two pieces of card using the Hobart Adornment cutting die . The back of the papers in the pad I used are plain and tone beautifully with the patterned fronts so I stuck the die cut pieces to some of this paper leaving the centre area free and then cut around the die cut pieces . I cut a piece of card to 
fit in between the die cuts and another slightly larger piece of black card to mount it on . 

I then die cut lots of flowers from toning paper from the pad and I used the leftover stamped paper as well . The flowers were stuck together and the centres were added ( flat backed pearls painted gold ) . I also added gold paint around the edges of the petals to add a little sparkle.
To finish the card I stamped flowers from the stamp set onto the central panel and painted them to 
match the background. The quote is from the same stamp set . 


All the pieces of the card were assembled as shown here .
It was fun to use a piece of patterned paper and add to it to create a backing paper and I hope this might inspire you to have a go . I'll be back next week, bye for now .


Creative Expressions items used :-
Just Rite Clear Stamp Set , Floral Fan Elements.
Craft Dies by Sue Wilson , Hobart Adornment and Perfect Peony Complete Petals .
Irridescent Watercolour Paints.
Phil Martin premium paper collection .
Colour Cloud blending ink, Frosty Mink .

To find out what other members of the Creative Expressions DT are doing please look here 




No comments:

Post a Comment