Tuesday 8 March 2016

Creative Expressions Tuesday

Believe.

Hi there , well I'm back today with another card . This is a simple card using one stamp and contrasting black with a peachy main colour


The background of this card was created by stamping the Alexandra's Tea Rose with mushroom pigment ink randomly all over the card . As this stamp is quite large I masked parts of it with copy paper while stamping . Make sure the ink is dry and then rub Colour Cloud blending ink --- Baked Peach , Decadent Grape and Decadent Oak --- over the card blending the colours together.


Emboss a strip of card, I used the Large Sea Garden folder , and rub a little of the same inks over it .



I then rubbed Cast Bronze Gilding Wax over the raised embossed design . Black lace was then stuck along the back of the strip of card  which was then attached to the background as shown.



I rubbed the same blending inks around the edges of a smaller piece of card and then stamped the entire design onto the card . I coloured the design with watercolour paint but I could have used any colouring medium . The card was then mounted on black card and the whole piece was mounted onto the card using foam pads . The quote was from a Creative Expressions stamp set --- Vintage Aviation --- and was coloured and mounted in the same way. I finished the card with three flat backed pearls coloured with black alcohol ink .

I particularly enjoyed contrasting the soft peach with the black, I felt it created a dramatic effect. However I feel that this could be done with other colours to create a different effect . So that's all for now but I will be back next week .
Creative Expressions items used for this card : Stamps to die for ,Alexandra's Tea Rose.
Embossing Folder , Large Sea Garden.
Colour Cloud Blending Inks .
Creative Expressions Stamp Set , Vintage Aviation.
Gilding Wax , Cast Bronze.

If you want to see what other members of the DT are doing please look here --- 

4 comments:

  1. Morning Liz, a beautiful card and love the colours you have used.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon Liz,
    I have just found you i will say chance this morning and oh what a beautiful chance it has turned out to be. You are an extremely beautiful artiste in all that i have seen and no wonder your family and friends narked at you to open a blog because your work and talent is fantastic. Your colour work makes me so envious because of how intricate and blended your colouring is but how your bring things to life. I have mesmerized this morning looking back through your different pieces and can't believe that what looks like metal isn't, it's just some one that is extremely talented and has the skill to produce magic. I hope that you enjoy being a part of Creative Expressions design team flower, because i think they snapped up a very talented lady who can bring a different look to their range.
    Crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil Village)

    ReplyDelete