Sunday 18 June 2017

Creative Expressions




Hi there , finally after a long break I'm  back with my first Creative Expressions Blog of the year !!
I've been very busy in the meantime because my daughter has just got married and l helped her by making her the wedding dress ( and matching jacket and bag ) !
Right now I'm very excited to share this project with you .
The base for this project is an A5 media board which I painted with whit Gesso . I then rubbed Blending inks over the Gesso to get a soft variegated background. This will need drying.



The stamp is from the Creative Expressions stamp set - Watch the Birdie . 
I rubbed Powder Blue Gilding Polish around the edges .


Using a piece of corrugated card , I peeled some of the paper off to reveal the corrugations and 
painted into them with the Chic Aubergine ink . I then painted the card with a pale yellow ( a mix of white Gesso and a touch of Cosmic Shimmer acrylic mixed media paint , Clotted cream ) . The 
stamped image  ( Rubber stamp set   - Portraits  ) was embossed with gol powder  .


The stamped image of the lady is also from the Portraits set . 
Flowers were die cut using the Orange Blossom complete petals set and coloured with blending inks .
To add some texture I cut and frayed a piece of hessian and coloured it with Gilding polish..
The leaves are die cut from two other Sue Wilson dies .


Finally I put everything together as shown , adding a little lace from my stash .
These media boards are perfect for making a small project and I'll probably return with another one in another post . 
Creative Expressions items used in this project :-
A5 Media Boards 
Creative Expressions Rubber Stamps -- Portraits and Watch the Birdie .
Cosmic Shimmer Gesso Primer .
Chalk Cloud Blending inks -- Blue Lagoon and Sweet Violet .
Colour Cloud Blending Inks-- Chic Aubergine .
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson , Finishing Touches --
Orange Blossom, complete petals ,
Olive Branch and Laurel Leaves.
Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Polish- Powder Blue .
Cosmic Shimmer Detail Embossing Powder , Bright Gold .
Foundations Card .

If you want to see what other members of the CE design team are doing please go to















1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth first of all congratulations with your daughters wedding. ❤️
    And your project you shared is absolutely impressive. I live the vintage feeling you achieved. A bit romantic but not too much. Just perfect. It is really a lovely decorative piece of art.
    I wonder if you bought the media board or where you can buy this shape ? It looks as if the top mirrors the bottom. I like that .
    Thank you for sharing your lovely art.
    Hugs from Monica
    Spain
    (mamablitger@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete