Sunday 2 July 2017

Creative Expressions Blog


Fly Free



Hi there , today I am going to share this card with you . I don't have step by step photos because everything can be seen on the photo .
I started with a piece of coconut white card . I didn't cut it to size until after I had added the coloured background so that I could choose where I placed the sun .
Using Chalk Cloud Blending Inks I created the background. I started with Vanilla Twist rubbing it in a circle extending out beyond where the sun would be . I then cut a circle of paper to mask the sun and rubbed Terracotta round the mask . I continued to add Colour spreading out from the sun adding Enchanted Blossom and then Misty Grey  . Drag a little Misty Grey across the sun to suggest clouds . At this point I trimmed the card to the size I wanted  and then added some Chic Aubergine Colour Cloud ink to the edges .

I stamped the foliage from Silhouette Garden,  in Watering Can to create shadow like images . The flowers are from the same stamp set , but stamped in Jet Black . The butterflies are from Beautiful Wings stamp set  .

I stamped ' fly Free '  onto a small piece of card coloured with the inks already used and mounted it onto black card .

I used black card to create the card and mounted the picture onto the card . The caption was added using foam pads to raise it a little .

Using the Chalk Cloud Blending Inks creates a lovely soft , matte background for the stamped images  .

I hope this inspires you to try the inks and lovely silhouette stamps .

Materials used in this project:--
Chalk Cloud Blending Inks-- Vanilla , Terracotta, Enchanted Blossom and Misty Grey .
Colour Cloud Blending Inks-- Chic Aubergine.
Creative Expressions Clear Stamp Sets-- Silhouette Garden , Beautiful Wings and Frame It .
Foundations Card -- Coconut White and Black .

If you would like to see what other members of the DT are doing please look at
Creative Expressions

No comments:

Post a Comment