Sunday 30 July 2017

Creative Expressions Blog

Hello , I'm back again with today's Creative Expressions project .
Roses.
I got a little carried away with this , because I love flowers and pretty things .
The base of the project is a Media Board which I painted with Flushed Cheeks . I then cut a piece of card to fit onto the board , which I painted with a mixture of Flushed Cheeks and Perfect White  to make a pale shade of the base colour . I painted another piece of card with the light paint mix , so that I could die cut the flowers ( Perfect Peony Complete Petals ).
I painted the back of the card and the base and edges of the board with a mixture of  Black Fig and Raspberry Riot which makes a lovely dark plum colour .
I used the same paint mix to add colour around the edge of the paper . I also stamped ' crackles ' from Crackled Sentimentality using the paint mix  .
I then stamped the flowers and dots from Silhouette Garden using  Archival Blue Violet ink randomly onto the paper . The leaves , stamped in Jet Black ink , are from the same set of stamps . 


I attached a piece of lace from my stash across the top of the media board . The painted and stamped card was torn down the centre and curled before I stuck it onto the board. .
I stamped and embossed in black  the butterfly from the Beautiful Wings set three times and coloured the image with various acrylic paints . I that cut out the images and decoupaged them to create a three dimensional butterfly. 
The leaves were die cut and some of them rubbed with Gilding Polish ( sadly I can't remember the colour so pick your own !) .




Finally I created the roses from the die cut flowers . I then attached some lace across the base of the board , and attached the roses , leaves and butterfly as shown .
I hope this gives you some inspiration for using these products.
Items from Creative Expressions used in this project -- 
Media Board , set of two .
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Paints-- Flushed Cheeks , Perfect White , Black Fig and Raspberry Riot .
Stamps -- Silhouette Garden , Beautiful Wings  and Cracked Sentimentally .
Dies by Sue Wilson -- Perfect Peony Complete Petals  and  Laurel Leaves.
If you would like to see what other members of the DT are doing please go to




No comments:

Post a Comment