Thursday 12 October 2017

Creative Expressions Winter Tags


Tag 5 Poinsettias

Well I'm back with the final tag of this set . Although I don't use dies a lot the main part of this tag is created using a lovely Poinsettia Die by Sue Wilson.


Again the background was painted in the same way as described for tag 1  . I mixed a little of the green paint with texture paste and spread it through the Acorn Leaves stencil. Once dry I rubbed the gilding polish mix over the raised areas and around the edges of the tag .


I stamped the Flourish as shown using a mixture of glitter and white embossing powder . I added a little lace from my stash along one edge .


To make the Poinsettias I used the lovely Poinsettia Die  by Sue Wilson to cut two large , two medium and one small flowers , also two centres from Coconut White foundations Card .  These act as supports for the flowers which are cut from a very fine calico and an embroidered net . Yes the Die cuts fabric ! I cut two pieces of each fabric for each piece of card . The fabric is layered over the card , one piece on the petals and the second at an angle , first the calico as seen at the bottom right of the picture. Then layer the net over the calico in the same way. I then stuck the medium onto the large flowers . Before attaching the centres I stuck glitter to them and added a pearl in the centre . Once the glue is dry the card can be lifted a little to add dimension to the flowers .


I stuck the flowers in place as shown and added a few  pearl flourishes from my stash .


Creative Expressions products used for this tag:- 
Creative Expressions Clear Stamps, Inky Christmas.
That Special Touch Mask, Acorn Leaves .
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson Classic Poinsettia.
All other items are the same as used for the other tags .

So that's the fifth and last tag . I hope that you have enjoyed sharing them with me .
If you want to see what other members of the CE DT have been doing please go to
Creative Expressions

No comments:

Post a Comment