Tuesday 9 September 2014

Lace and Flowers

 
 
 

Hello again , finally I'm back with another post ! I thought that I would share a painted project with you today . This is a large flat box and the picture shows the lid . The box itself is quite shallow but is a lovely size to store notes and similar treasures .
The center of the lid is painted with lots of layers of colour slowly building up to the pale highlights .The corners are painted with fine lines and bots in a warm white to create a lacey effect . This is a lovely decorative painting technique and can be used as an addition to a design or as the complete design .



Here is a close up of the central panel which shows how the multiple thin glazes blend to create depth in the painting .
I have always loved painting and have been a decorative painter for many years . I find that this translates easily into stamping projects because everything I have learnt about painting backgrounds and colour theory is just as appropriate to stamping .
I hope you liked this little taste of one of the type of things I like to do . See you all soon.








3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is breathtaking Elizabeth! Would that my hands were steady enough not to mention my eyes being keen enough to even think about attempting something as fine& detailed as this beautiful piece of work.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtakingly beautiful work of Art.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete