Tuesday 17 May 2016

Creative Expressions Tuesday


You Make me Laugh .

Hi there , thank you for joining me for today's post , which is about some Just Rite stamps . I have used the following items to create this card :
     Just Rite Clear Stamps, Floral Fan Elements, Pinwheel Daisies and ( for the quote ) Botanical Swirls Labels.
     Colour Cloud Inks , Pretty in Pink and Decadent Oak.
     Foundations card and Archival Ink , Wateringcan.




To create the first layer , using cream coloured card , I stamped the lacey border around the edges of a square ( I used Watering Can ink instead of black ink because it creates a softer image ).  I measured the length of the stamp and drew the square very lightly on the card . I used low tack tape to mask the corners so that I could mitre the corners of the stamped image . Once the ink was dry I rubbed the pink colour cloud ink onto the card and then added a little of the oak colour around the edges .


For the next layer I stamped the individual flowers randomly onto the buff coloured card and then added the same two colour cloud inks all over the card . By using a slightly darker base card the whole layer is darker than the other two layers .


I used cream card for the final layer and stamped the main image as shown . I then stamped extra individual flowers to add to the design . I also stamped the main image several times on separate card so that I could cut out the flowers . I used watercolour paint to colour the design and the extra flowers.


The base layer of the card was mounted onto a black card blank and the other two layers were mounted onto black card . I stuck the second layer onto the card at a jaunty angle and then added some lace . The top layer was attached using foam pads . I then curled the petals of the extra flowers and attached them using dimensional glue . One of  the flowers was kept flat so it could be tucked under the top layer . I added flat back pearls to the centers of the flowers and a few pearl swirls .
  The quote was stamped onto a small square of cream card , rubbed with a little pink ink and mounted on black card . It was stuck onto the card with a foam pad .


I don't know why I arranged the square layers at angles instead of neatly lined up with the edges of the card  , but I feel that it looks more 'relaxed ' this way and therefore more interesting. I hope this inspires you to try different arrangements.

If you would like to see what other members of the CE design team have been doing please look here

creativeexpressionscraft.blogspot.co.uk





2 comments:

  1. Morning

    Such a vibrant piece of art, I love it. The narrow black borders really make the design pop

    Smiles :)

    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I like the jaunty angles.

    ReplyDelete